Technical Executive in Human Health & Nutrition (24-month contract)
Applications are invited for the specified purpose position of Technical Executive in Human Health & Nutrition
safefood is an implementation body set up under the British-Irish Agreement with responsibility on an all-island basis for promotion of food safety and healthy eating, research and fostering scientific co-operation.
The Technical Executive in Human Health and Nutrition will primarily assist and support safefood’s Human Health and Nutrition (HHN) Directorate in carrying out the functions of nutrition and health.
He/she will assist and support the CEO and other Directorates in relation to certain projects and other activities as required from time to time. Activities will include analysis and assessment of scientific information; participation in project teams for the development of safefood health promotion campaigns; contributing to safefood’s funded research planning and dissemination of findings through reports and publications drafting, editing and production of reports and publications for both public and professional audiences. He/she will help develop links with the professional networks and other safefood stakeholders on an all-island basis.
Essential qualifications and experience
- An honours degree in human nutrition or equivalent.
- At least three years post qualification experience in public health/nutrition, project research, report writing, and information evaluation.
- Experience in using research evidence to develop material for a broad range of stakeholders.
- Experience in project management.
- Accredited to a professional organisation, i.e. Association for Nutrition, CORU, British Dietetic Association (BDA) or equivalent
You can also contact our HR Department at email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm on Monday October 19th 2020
safefood is committed to promoting equality of opportunity.