As an all-island body, safefood is fully committed to observing equality legislation on the island of Ireland, not only as our duty but as a natural expression of the safefood ethos. Our Equality Policy (PDF, 200KB) is designed to reflect best practice on the island of Ireland while reflecting our legal obligations as required by the different jurisdictional legislation.
Our Revised Equality Scheme (as required by S75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998) details how we propose to fulfill our obligations and actively promote equal opportunities and good relations in our dealings with other parties and individuals in Northern Ireland.
The Audit of Inequalities and S75 Action Plan (as required by the Scheme) enhances the effective implementation of our duties.
- Equality Scheme (PDF, 500KB)
- Summary of Equality Scheme (PDF, 150KB)
- Audit of Inequalities and S75 Action Plan 2017-2019 (PDF, 250KB)
safefood, like all public authorities in Northern Ireland, is required to report annually to the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland on the progress made towards implementing its statutory duties. These are public documents which have been prepared by safefood using the Equality Commission’s template.
Copies are available on request or may be downloaded below:
- Section 75 Progress Report 2016-2017
- Five Year Review of Equality Scheme 2011 to 2016
- Section 75 Progress Report 2015-2016
- Section 75 Progress Report 2014-2015
- Section 75 Progress Report 2013-2014
- Section 75 Progress Report 2012-2013
- Section 75 Progress Report 2011-2012
Progress reports before 2011 are available on request.
If you require any further information regarding equality, please contact:
HR and Corporate Governance Executive
7 Eastgate Avenue
Tel: +353 (0)21 2304104
Fax: +353 (0)21 2304111
Text Phone: +353 (0)86 6016002
We would welcome any comments on any aspects of our equality policy and scheme. safefood will make all reports available in large print and Irish on request and will consider requests for other formats or translation into other languages.