Your body needs plenty of fluids to stay hydrated, feel well and reduce the risk of constipation.
How much do you need?
Women should aim to drink 6–8 glasses of fluids every day and men should aim for 8–10 glasses. If this weather is warm or you are active, your body may need more than this.
- Water, low-fat milk, sugar-free drinks, tea and coffee all count towards your daily total.
- If you drink tea, drink it between meals and not with your meals. Strong tea can make it difficult for
- your body to absorb iron.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water.
Are you drinking enough?
Drink water throughout the day. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty to drink. Keep a look out for the signs of dehydration:
- dark-coloured urine
- passing small amounts of urine
- lack of concentration
Check with your GP if you’re concerned about any symptoms.