Prep Time:10 mins
- Heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in to quarters and place in a saucepan.
- Boil water in the kettle and cover the potatoes with boiling water.
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil in the roasting tin and set it in the hot oven to heat.
- Bring the potatoes to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, drain off the water into a bowl and then set the potatoes back on the hob.
- Holding the lid firmly on the saucepan, shake the saucepan up and down so that the potatoes move around and their outsides get a bit bashed.
- Lift the roasting tin with the hot oil out of the oven and set on top of the cooker.
- Add the potatoes one by one to the hot oil - be careful! Brush or spoon the oil over the surface of the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes over and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Test with a skewer to make sure the potatoes are cooked, you should have potatoes tat are crunchy on the outside and soft inside.