Prep Time:5 mins
- Over a high heat, half fill a small saucepan with boiling water and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat so the water is simmering.
- Break the egg into a cup and with the lip of the cup close to the water, but not touching, gently slip the egg into the saucepan.
- Poach the egg for 2–3 minutes until the whites are fully cooked, the yolks at this point should be cooked without setting hard.
- As your egg poaches, toast the bagel and make the Hollandaise sauce by combining the crème fraiche, lemon juice, paprika and black pepper.
- Remove the bagel from the toaster, and top with the spread and wafer thin ham. Remove the egg from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared bagel and finish with the sauce.