Prep Time:2 mins
- Simmer the stock for 5 minutes in a large saucepan, adding the asparagus and peas for the last 3 minutes.
- Strain the stock into a jug and set the vegetables aside.
- While the stock is simmering, heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and gently fry for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the rice and continue to stir for 2 minutes until the grains become see-through at the edges.
- Add the wine and 100ml / 4 fl oz. of the stock and allow to simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour in another 100ml / 4 fl oz. of the stock and stir.
- Continue adding the stock and stirring. After about 7 minutes when half of the stock has been added, add the peas and asparagus.
- Continue adding the stock slowly until all the liquid has been absorbed. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan or rennet-free alternative.
- Season with black pepper and serve sprinkled with the parsley.