Prep Time:30 mins
- To make the pastry, combine the flour, butter and the egg yolks and process for 1 minute. Add about 4 tablespoons of cold water and pulse until the dough is combined.
- Place the mixture on a floured board and combine until flatten to a disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill in your fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a floured surface to about 5mm thick.
- Lay the pastry over a round 8 inch tart tin, and carefully press into the base and sides. Trim any excess with a sharp knife, and place in the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees c.
- To blind bake the pastry, place a piece of baking paper over the crust and fill with pastry weights, rice or beans and bake for 15 minutes. Lift out the weights and bake the pastry for 5 more minutes, or until the base is dry. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- In a large pan, add the butter and lightly saute the onion with the herbs and garlic until soft and slightly translucent.
- And the sprouts, season with salt and pepper and stir to combine the mixture, setting aside until the pastry has cooled.
- Place the filling in the pastry, before whisking the eggs and water/milk together and pouring over the filling.
- Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling has set and the top is beginning to turn golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.