Prep Time:10 mins
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 325°F/ Gas Mark 3.
- Take a chopping board and cut the chicken fillets into bite-sized pieces. Remember to wash your hands with warm soapy water after handling raw chicken.
- Using a sharp knife, trim down the scallions and finely chop. Peel the carrots and cut into slices on the diagonal and trim from the green beans and cut each one in half. Scatter them all over the chicken mixture.
- Pour the coconut milk milk into a casserole dish with a lid or large saucepan and add the curry powder or paste, turmeric and cayenne pepper, if using. Put in the casserole dish with the chicken and vegetables and mix well. Cover with the lid and place in the oven and cook for 1 hour until the chicken is meltingly tender and can be shredded with two forks.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice well in a sieve and then put into a small saucepan with 250ml of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer for 25 minutes without lifting off the lid, then turn off the heat and leave to sit for another 10 minutes for perfectly cooked rice (or simply cook according to packet instructions). This rice can sit happily for up to 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide among plates, making a slight dip in the centre. Spoon over the chicken curry to serve.