Prep Time:15 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Peel the potatoes and then using a small sharp knife, cut them into even-sized wedges. Place them in a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes until almost tender but still holding their shape.
- Arrange the wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, tossing to coat. Season lightly with salt, if using and put in the top shelf of the oven to roast for 25 minutes until they are golden brown. Turn halfway through to ensure that they cook evenly.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish and season lightly with salt and black pepper, if using. Break the egg into a bowl and add the milk, then beat to combine with a fork. Mix the breadcrumbs and oats in a separate bowl and line the 3 bowls alongside each other with an empty place ready for the coated cod.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the cod into strips. In small batches of 2-3 pieces, toss the cod strips in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in the beaten egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Put on the plate while you finish the remainder.
- Remember to wash your hands and work surface with warm soapy water after handling raw fish.
- Arrange the cod goujons on a separate baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle the remaining olive oil over the goujons, turning them over to ensure they are evenly coated. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and tender.
- Arrange the cod goujons on plates with the potato wedges and arrange the mixed salad with cherry tomatoes that you've cut in half alongside and scattered with chives. Put the yoghurt into small dishes or straight on to the plates and drizzle with half the chilli sauce to serve.