- Heat a large saucepan with a lid over a medium heat.
- Finely chop 1 onion and add to the heated pan with the oil and sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces. Remove the florets from the cauliflower and cut into small florets, which are similar in size to the potatoes.
- Stir in the cumin, paprika and tumeric into the onion and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour in 450ml of water and add the tomatoes. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat right now. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Trim the mushrooms and add to the cooked vegetable mixture with the spinach.
- If using fish, cut into bite-sized pieces and gently fold into the stew with the prawns.
- Remember to wash your hands and work surfaces after cutting raw fish.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes untul the fish and prawns are cooked through. Season lightly with salt and pepper and ladle into bowls to serve. Garnish with coriander.