Prep Time:10 mins
- Place the rice in a non-stick saucepan with the stock and curry powder, and add double the volume of boiling water.
- Bring to the boil then cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Add all the prepared vegetables and the drained chickpeas to the rice and bring everything back to the boil, you may need to add a little more boiling water at this stage.
- Bring your biryani back to the boil, cover, turn the heat right down and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes or until the rice is tender and the stock is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving garnished with fresh coriander and flaked almonds.