Prep Time:2 mins
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. When hot, add the onions with the bay leaves and cinnamon stick, and gently cook for 10 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Prepare the stock as per packet instructions.
- When the onions are softened, add the red pepper, turmeric, chicken and curry powder. Stir well and heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Next add the rice, pour over the stock and stir.
- Cover and bring to the boil, then lower the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the coriander and serve with the almonds scattered on top.