- Cook the fusilli or penne in a pan of boiling water with a pinch of salt for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- Peel the garlic and use a garlic press or grate on the fine side of a box grater. Trim the mushrooms and using a small sharp knife, cut into slices.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Add the oil and swirl it up the sides. Tip in the garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds, being careful not to let it brown too much. Tip in the mushrooms and season with a little salt and black pepper. Cook for another 6-8 minutes until the mushrooms are tender, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the stock into the pan and allow to bubble down, then sprinkle over the oregano and add a good squeeze of lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half. Stir in the light cream cheese and then add the spinach, fistfuls at a time until all wilted. Cook for another minute or two to combine.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, then gently fold in the creamy mushroom and spinach sauce. Divide among wide rimmed bowls and garnish with a little more freshly ground black pepper to serve.