Prep Time:5 mins
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat and add the chilli and garlic.
- As the garlic and chili just begins to sizzle, add the onion and red pepper and gently cook for 10 minutes until soft.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, omitting any salt.
- Finish the sauce by breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon, then stir in the mascarpone, herbs or basil, chickpeas, spinach and freshly ground black pepper and mix until you have a rich sauce.
- Drain the pasta before coating in the sauce and serve.