Prep Time:5 mins
- Add the bay leaf, turmeric and saffron to the vegetable stock and set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a heavy bottomed casserole dish or saucepan, when hot add the onion, garlic, peppers, cherry and sundried tomatoes.
- Cook for 5–10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Next add the rice and paprika mixing everything well.
- Once the rice and vegetables are coated well in the paprika add the flavoured stock, including the bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil before turning down the heat, covering with a lid and simmer until everything is cooked and the rice has absorbed most of the water, about 15 minutes.
- Next add the peas and if it looks too dry, add up to 50ml more of boiling water at the same stage, before simmering for a 5 minutes.
- Once everything is cooked, season with the pepper and lemon juice and serve garnished with the chopped parsley.