Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Heat a teaspoon of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and when hot, add the garlic, cooking for 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the onion, courgette and red pepper, cooking gently for 10 minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes and herbs and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Finish the sauce by adding a dash of red vinegar and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare the cod by blotting it with kitchen paper to remove any excess moisture. Heat the remainder of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
- When ready, lay the cod, skin side down on the pan and cook for 4–5 minutes until the edges start to colour. Do not move the fish as it may tear the skin.
- After the cod has cooked on one side for 5 minutes, carefully turn it over and cook for a further 3–4 minutes.
- Heat the grill. Gently turn the cod skin side down again and carefully spoon the pesto and grated Parmesan on top of the fillet. Finish the cod until the grill for 2-3 minutes.
- When the pesto starts to bubble and brown, remove from the heat and serve with the Mediterranean vegetables and drained new potatoes.