Prep Time:5 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Chop the onions, pepper, mushrooms and garlic.
- Take a look at our top tips on cooking with mince, then put the mince into a large pan and fry until completely brown, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon.
- Drain off any excess fat before adding onions and garlic to mince and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped peppers, mushrooms, tin of tomatoes and tomato sauce to the mince mixture.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer on a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
To make cheese sauce:
- Melt the low-fat spread in a saucepan.
- Add flour and cook over a low heat for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper, whisking all the time.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil. Keep whisking.
- Reduce heat and cook slowly for 5 minutes, then add the grated cheese 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Put a layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a casserole/lasagne dish, cover with easi-cook lasagne sheets.
- Make 1 or 2 more layers as above finishing with a layer of lasagne sheets. Cover the top layer with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.