Prep Time:10 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas 4. Peel and finely slice the onion, then deseed and slice up the pepper. Coarsely grate the cheese.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat and gently fry the onion for 10 minutes, or until softened.
- Peel and crush the garlic, then add to the pan along with the chilli powder.
- Add the tomato purée and the tomatoes, breaking them up with a spoon as you go, then drain and add the kidney beans.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until slightly reduced, then season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a separate pan, fry the pepper in the rest of the oil until starting to soften, then set aside.
- Divide the filling mixture in half, then blitz one half with a stick blender to form a bean paste – if you don’t have a stick blender, mash with a potato masher.
- Spread the tortillas with the warm bean paste, then add a serving spoon of the filling and a spoonful of red pepper, and sprinkle with cheese and some salad leaves.
- Roll up the tortillas and place on greased baking tins.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden and warmed through.