Prep Time:15 mins
- Heat a little of the oil in a pan and cook the chicken in it, until there is no pink meat remaining.
- Make sure your meat is cooked properly and remove this pan from the heat.
- In a medium saucepan fry the onions and garlic until golden brown.
- Add the ginger and green chilli. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric, chilli powder and a pinch of salt. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and water.
- Stir well, lower the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the sauce is so well reduced that it is almost sticking to the bottom of the pan and the oil has separated out on the surface, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked, cubed chicken and a few tablespoons of water to the sauce. Slowly bring to the boil. Lower the heat and cook for about 20 minutes
- Take off the heat. Stir in the double cream. Stir well. Add the coriander leaves and season with salt to taste
- Serve with plain Basmati rice and naan bread