Prep Time:90 mins
- Pour the low-fat yogurt into a large bowl and add the cumin, ground coriander, turmeric, garlic, ginger and some fresh coriander sprigs. Mix everything together and season with pepper
- Cut each chicken breast into 5 chunks and place in the spiced yogurt, mixing everything around so that the chicken is evenly coated
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight
- Prepare the barbecue - or alternatively pre-heat the grill to its highest setting
- To assemble the kebabs thread an onion quarter, then a piece of chicken, half a chilli, and another piece of chicken. Repeat this again and finish off with a piece of chicken and another onion quarter. There should be 5 pieces of chicken on each kebab when you are finished
- Press all the pieces tight together so they don’t separate in the cooking, then season well
- Grill or barbeque on a high heat for at least 10 minutes on each side.
- Barbeque meats must be cooked thoroughly to protect yourself and others from food poisoning. If you have a meat thermometer, take the kebabs off the heat and insert the thermometer in the thickest parts of the meat. The kebabs are ready when the thermometer reaches 75 degrees.
- If you don't have a meat thermometer, cut into the chicken with a clean knife to ensure that it is piping hot all the way through, there is no pink meat left and the juices run clear.