Your toddler is growing up quickly and needs plenty of energy and nutrients. We have a few simple tips that may help you.
- Give them three meals and two to three snacks each day.
- If they can’t manage bigger meals, offer more snacks throughout the day instead.
- As they grow you can increase the amount of food you give them.
- Let them stop eating when they are full.
Children learn by example. Sit down and eat as a family as often as you can.
- Water and milk are the best drinks.
- Toddlers should have full-fat milk.
- Low-fat or fat-free milk is only suitable for children over the age of 5.
- Fruit juice is not recommended as it can damage children’s teeth.
Sugary drinks like fizzy drinks, squashes and cordials have been linked with weight gain in children. Find out more here.
Never use food as a reward. Chocolate, crisps, sweets, biscuits and other treat foods are not everyday foods. They should be enjoyed occasionally and in very small amounts