Cooking Time:60 mins
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the margarine in a large saucepan.
- Chop the onion, carrot, celery, leek and turnip into small pieces, around 1cm cubes.
- Sauté all the vegetables in the oil for 10 to 15 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Keep in mind our tips on cooking vegetables safely.
- Add the chopped clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon of herbs and 1½ pints of vegetable stock
- Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Taste your vegetable soup to see if it needs extra salt or pepper.
- You can eat the soup as it is or cook it for another 20 minutes and liquidise it to make a smooth soup.
- Add some chopped fresh parsley and serve.