- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Tip in the mince and cook for about 5 minutes until well browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Remember to wash your hands with warm soapy water after handling raw meat.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the onion in half and peel off the skin, then cut into slices, discarding the root.
- Cut the pepper in half and remove and discard the core and seeds, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Trim the mushrooms and cut into slices.
- Add the vegetables to the mince, stirring to combine. Season lightly with salt and pepper if using and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the mince and vegetable mixture and then stir in the tomato puree and cook for another minute, stirring.
- Pour in the stock and allow to bubble down, then add the tomatoes and worchesterhire sauce.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer very gently for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, until the mince is meltingly tender, stirring occasionally to ensure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes or according to packet instructions. Drain in a colander and divide among wide rimmed bowls.
- Spoon the bolognese sauce on top to serve.