- Preheat the grill to medium and line the grill rack with tin foil. Put on the pork chops and season lightly with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Wash your hands and all surfaces after handling the chops.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning once until tender. Make sure they are cooked until they are piping hot all the way through, with no pink meat remaining and the juices run clear.
- Then transfer to plates set aside in a low oven or warm place to rest for 5 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and using a small sharp knife, cut into even-sized dice. Put in a saucepan half filled with water over a medium heat and a pinch of salt, if using. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes or until completely tender. Check by piercing a piece with the tip of a sharp knife as it should go in with no resistance.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut into thin slices on the diagonal. Break or cut off the broccoli florets and then cut into even-sized small florets so that they will cook evenly.
- Put the carrots in a saucepan fitted with a petal steamer over a medium heat and tip the broccoli on top to cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, drain the potatoes, then mash using a potato masher. Beat in the butter and milk with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Season lightly with salt, if using and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Arrange on the plates with the pork chops and keep warm.
- Make up the gravy granules according to packet instructions in a small pan on the hob.
- Make sure these are always cooked until they are piping hot all the way through, with no pink meat remaining and the juices run clear
- Check the vegetables are cooked and if they are take the pork chops and mashed potato out of the oven with an oven glove and tip on the carrots and broccoli.
- Pour over the gravy and serve at once.