Prep Time:15 mins
- Heat the oven to 200˚C /400˚F / Gas Mark 6
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the reduced fat spread and with clean hands rub the spread into the flour using your fingertips. For tips on handwashing, click here
- Sprinkle 50g of the cheese into the breadcrumb mixture and stir together until evenly distributed. Try not to mix too much as the heat from your hands may start to melt the reduced fat spread.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and add the egg then pour in enough milk to give a soft but firm dough. Do not pour in all the milk at once as you may not need it all to get the right consistency
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough to approximately 2cm thick and cut into 7 triangles. Transfer the scones to your baking tray, brush with a little milk and sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.