Healthy dinner ideas
What makes a healthy dinner?
- The key to making sure you eat a healthy dinner every day is to become a planner.
- A healthy dinner should include three or four foods from different food groups.
- Make the most of your time and money by cooking large amounts, and freezing some individual portions to eat later.
- Some days may not go according to plan, so keep a well-stocked food cupboard. That way you'll always have some ingredients to hand to make meal.
Quick meal ideas
- Omelettes are quick and healthy. Include lots of vegetables.
- Stir-frying uses very little fat. Include your favourite fish or meat with lots of vegetables
- Grilled meat or fish can be ready in 20-25 minutes. If you have a tiered steamer put your potatoes on the bottom tier and your vegetable on top and allow to steam while your meat or fish are grilling.
- Pasta is a really versatile food –on its own with tomato sauce or add different types of vegetables and meats. If you are buying pre-prepared tomato sauces choose a variety with the lowest salt content as indicated on the label.
- Salads are an ideal quick meal option.