Prep Time:10 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3.
- Trim the beef and cut it into thin strips about 2 inches in length.
- Heat the oil and fry the chopped onion, mushrooms and carrots for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place in the casserole dish.
- Fry the beef strips until brown. Be sure to refresh your skills on cooking meat safely here.
- Place beef in the casserole dish, leave the juices in the pan.
- Mix the corn-flour with 2 dessertspoon water and then mix it into the juice in the pan. Cook stirring gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the stock. Bring to the boil
- Add the tomato puree, salt and pepper
- Add the sauce to the casserole dish and cook for 1½ hours