Prep Time:20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Place sugar in a bowl and whisk together with eggs over a pan of hot water for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and continue whisking for 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in sieved flour, in about 4 lots.
- Pour sponge-cake mixture into 2 greased and floured cake tins.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- When the sponges have cooled, spread the jam and put the sponges together.
- Using a sieve, dust the top with icing sugar.