Prep Time:10 mins
- Put the penne pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water and cook for about 10 minutes until ‘al dente’ - cooked but still firm
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the pine nuts. Gently cook for a few minutes until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally to prevent them from burning. Tip into a bowl and set aside
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the frying pan and sauté the mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme for 2 to 3 minutes until softened and just beginning to colour
- Stir in the mustard, turkey, crème fraiche and then bring to a gentle simmer
- Cook for 1 minute to just heat through but don’t allow the mixture to boil!
- Drain the pasta and quickly refresh in cold water for a few seconds to prevent it from cooking any more, then return to the pan. Pour in the creamy turkey mixture and add the chopped rocket and basil. Toss lightly together to combine and season to taste
- To serve, spoon the pasta on to warmed serving plates and then sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts and garnish with some Parmesan shavings