Prep Time:90 mins
- Place the balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl
- De-seed the chilli and slice it very thinly. Toss the chilli into the bowl and whisk
- Add in the crushed garlic, the zest and juice of the lime and the paprika
- Chop the parsley and stir into the marinade and season with some black pepper
- Cut the pork into 6 to 8 chunks and add to the marinade, making sure that it is well coated
- Cover with cling film and leave for at least 1 hour, or overnight
- Chop the red peppers in half, de-seed and cut them into chunks. Then thread a piece of pepper onto the skewer, followed by some marinated pork, and then continue until you have filled the skewer with meat and peppers
- Repeat the process for the other 3 skewers
- Place the kebabs on the hot barbeque and cook for approximately 20 minutes until they are cooked through, making sure that you turn them frequently and brush with the marinade occasionally
- Barbeque meats must be cooked thoroughly to protect yourself and others from food poisoning. If you have a meat thermometer, take the kebabs off the heat and insert the thermometer in the thickest parts of the meat. The kebabs are ready when the thermometer reaches 75 degrees.
- If you don't have a meat thermometer, cut into the thickest part of the meat with a clean knife to ensure that it is piping hot all the way through, there is no pink meat left and the juices run clear.