- Place the noodles in a pan of boiling water and simmer gently for 3 minutes (or according to packet instructions). Drain well and quickly refresh under cold running water to prevent them from sticking. Keep warm.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with deep sides or a wok over a medium heat. Tip in the cashew nuts and cook until evenly toasted, tossing them regularly to ensure they do not catch and burn. Tip on to a chopping board and leave to cool a little, then roughly chop. Set aside until needed.
- Peel the onion and cut in half, then using a small sharp knife, thinly slice, discarding the root. Peel the carrots and cut into thin slices on the diagonal. Trim the courgette and cut into similar slices.
- Break the florets off the broccoli and then cut into bite-sized florets. Trim the mushrooms and cut into slices.
- Heat the oil in the non-stick frying pan with deep sides or a wok over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add the carrots, courgettes and broccoli and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until almost tender but still with some crunch.
- Add the mushrooms to the vegetable mixture and cook for another 1-2 minutes, then drizzle over the honey, soy sauce and vinegar and cook for 1-2 minutes, tossing until everything is evenly coated. Drain the pineapple and then stir into the pan, allowing it to warm through.
- Divide the warm noodles between plates and spoon the sweet and sour vegetables on top. Scatter over the cashew nuts to serve.