Prep Time:20 mins
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c.
- Remove the turkey leg from the fridge and bring up to room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Next, pat the turkey leg dry with a paper towel.
- Mix the low-fat spread together with the dried herbs and garlic. Massage it all over the turkey leg, getting in under the skin if possible, then sprinkle from a height with sea salt and black pepper.
- Secure the leg together with some string, this keeps it from spreading out, keeping it nice and moist.
- Grease a baking tray with the olive oil and place the turkey leg on top.
- Place in the oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes before reducing the temperature down to 180 degrees C and cooking for a further 2 hours, basting with the juices regularly.
- To check it’s cooked, stick a knife into the thickest part of the thigh – if the juices run clear, it is fully cooked. Alternatively you could also use a meat thermometer. You want to reach an internal temperature of 72ºC.
- Serve and enjoy with all of the trimmings.