Prep Time:90 mins
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and season well with pepper
- Place the chicken drumsticks into the bowl and stir around until all the drumsticks are coated with the sauce
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place on the bottom shelf of the fridge to marinate for at least a couple of hours
- Light the barbeque and when it’s hot place chicken pieces on top
- Cook the chicken for at least 25 minutes turning regularly making sure that the chicken cooks evenly on all sides
- Barbeque meats must be cooked thoroughly to protect yourself and others from food poisoning. If you have a meat thermometer, take the chicken off the heat and insert the thermometer in the thickest part. The chicken is ready when the thermometer reaches 75 degrees.
- If you don't have a meat thermometer, cut into the thickest part of the chicken with a clean knife to ensure that it is piping hot all the way through, there is no pink meat left and the juices run clear.