This resource was developed by safefood with the input of teachers and an expert group drawn from education, advertising, media and regulation.
safefood would like to acknowledge the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for their support, the work of Joanne Beggs (CCEA Professional Associate) on the development of content for this resource and Emma Smith and Celia Pontin, Committee of Advertising Practice.
The MediaWise Expert Working Group was headed by Sheena Horgan, Journalist, Author and Consultant in social marketing. Expert Working Group Members included:
- Marie Banaghan – Teacher, Kilkenny School Project National School
- Bernie Collins - Lecturer in Social, Personal & Health Education (SPHE), St Patrick’s College Drumcondra, Chair SPHE Network
- Sheila De Courcy – Cross Divisional Head of Children’s Content, RTE
- Barry Dooley - Chief Executive Officer at Association of Advertisers in Ireland
- Dr Olivia Freeman - Centre for Consumption and Leisure Studies, College of Business at Dublin Institute of Technology
- Gearoid McCauley – Teacher, St Senan’s Primary School, Enniscorthy;
- Declan McLaughlin - Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
- Janis Morrissey – Irish Heart Foundation;
- Colman Noctor – Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist