All-island Food Poverty Network
Tackling food poverty on the island of Ireland.
The All-island Food Poverty Network was established in 2009. The Network is a community of professionals working across government departments and agencies, academia and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) who have a common interest in reducing food poverty on the island of Ireland. It supports the development of consensus on related issues, collaboration and shared learning. The Network is co-chaired by safefood and The Food Standards Agency, Northern Ireland.
Members of the Network have access to an annual all-island event and a biannual newsletter.
For further details on the Network contact the Secretariat at [email protected].
The All-island Food Poverty Network Newsletter shares the latest in food poverty research, programmes and initiatives both nationally and internationally. Newsletter subscribers are the first to be notified of our annual event.
Our latest event was Food poverty: learning from lived experiences, held in September 2023. You can watch the recording below.
Watch recordings of all previous events on safefood's YouTube channel.
All-island Food Poverty Network Steering Group
The network is supported by a steering group made up of senior representatives from government departments and agencies, academia and NGOs. The group was established to provide a co-ordinated and strategic approach to tackling food poverty on the island of Ireland. Members of the steering group meet on a regular basis to share experiences and knowledge to help address the issue of food poverty on the island.
The following organisations are represented on the Forum:
- Belfast Food Network
- British Dietetic Association, Northern Ireland
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, Northern Ireland
- Children in Northern Ireland
- Children's Rights Alliance
- Consumer Council
- Cross Care Ireland
- Department for Communities
- Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth
- Department of Health, Northern Ireland
- Department of Health, Republic of Ireland
- Department of Social Protection
- Food Cloud
- Food Standards Agency
- Health and Social Care, Northern Ireland
- Health Service Executive
- Irish Heart
- Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute
- Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council, Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Chest Heart & Stroke
- Queens University Belfast
- The Economic and Social Research Institute
- Vincentian MESL Research Centre
Minutes of the Forum meetings
Previous minutes are available on request by emailing [email protected].