safefood would like to thank all those involved in the project, particularly the pilot school teachers and children who generously gave of their valuable time and resource in the development stage. The development of MediaWise would not have been possible without the contributions and hard work of Sheena Horgan, Journalist, Author and Consultant in Social Marketing, in the development of the resource structure and content outline and the advice and input of Gearoid McCauley, Teacher, St. Senan’s Primary School, Enniscorthy, as an experienced practitioner. Corinna Hardgrave, Dublin City University Fellow with safefood, was instrumental in advancing this project.
The MediaWise Expert Working Group was headed by Sheena Horgan; Journalist, Author and Consultant in social marketing. The resource was developed by safefood with the input of teachers and an expert group drawn from education, advertising, media and regulation.
Expert Working Group Members
- Marie Banaghan – Teacher, Kilkenny School Project National School
- Bernie Collins - Lecturer in Social, Personal & Health Education (SPHE), St Patrick’s College Drumcondra, Chair SPHE Network
- Sheila De Courcy – Cross Divisional Head of Children’s Content, RTE
- Barry Dooley - Chief Executive Officer at Association of Advertisers in Ireland
- Dr Olivia Freeman - Centre for Consumption and Leisure Studies, College of Business at Dublin Institute of Technology
- Gearoid McCauley – Teacher, St Senan’s Primary School, Enniscorthy;
- Declan McLaughlin - Broadcasting Authority of Ireland
- Janis Morrissey – Irish Heart Foundation;
- Colman Noctor – Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist