Food Labelling and Consumer Trust
safefood in partnership with The Institute For Global Food Security at Queen’s University Belfast is hosting a free seminar which will focus on recent trends in food labelling and how consumers understand what’s on their label.
safefood in partnership with The Institute For Global Food Security at Queen’s University Belfast are hosting a free seminar which will focus on recent trends in food labelling and food processing, as well as exploring how consumers understand what’s on their label. This free seminar is designed for those working in the food industry, regulatory agencies and public health, with the following presenting at the event:
- Ian Thomas, Ian Thomas Associates
- Joseph Ahern, Kerry Group
- Dr James McIntosh, safefood
- Declan Ferguson, Finnebrogue
- Prof. Moira Dean, Queens University Belfast
- Prof Brendan Gilmore, Queens University Belfast
The following topics will be covered:
- Clean labelling industry perspectives
- Consumer trends and labelling requirements, e.g. ‘free from’ products
- Legal aspects of food labelling, including allergens
- Applying behavioural science to study how consumers use and understand information on food labels
- New food processing technologies
This event is now full, for more information or be put on our waiting list please email Lisa at [email protected]
Please note: Photography and video recording may take place at the event and these images may be used in safefood promotional materials, publications and website content.
By attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any safefood materials. These training workshops are part of the safefood Knowledge Networks programme of activities to enable professionals within the food sector to meet new and emerging food safety challenges.