Workshops in food safety and HACCP
safefood Knowledge Network, in association with Belfast City Council, is hosting two free workshops for small food businesses, which will take place at The MAC, Belfast.
The Effective Food Safety workshop focuses on bacterial control, cleaning and allergen management. The Practical HACCP Training workshop is for small food businesses who need to have a HACCP system in place, or a food safety management system based on HACCP.
Effective Food Safety, 25th May
Time: 10 am to 12.30 pm
- Factors contributing to bacterial growth
- Controlling the growth of bacteria and other pathogens
- What constitutes a good cleaning regime?
- Managing food allergens
- Natasha's Law and declaring priority food allergens
Practical HACCP Training, 26th May
Time: 10 to 11 am
- Why HACCP is fundamental to food safety management
- How to develop/modify a flow chart for CCP
- Identify the common food safety hazards and their controls
- Understand the role of prerequisites in controlling hazards
- How to keep effective records to demonstrate compliance
On the 26th of May, delegates can also avail of a 10 minute 1-to-1 consultation with our food safety trainer after the course to discuss their own HACCP issues. To book a consultation, please email [email protected].