An update on STEC in Food
Presented by Dr Roy Betts, Research Fellow at Campden BRI
Catch up: watch the webinar
safefood presents a free webinar on “An update on STEC (Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli) in food”. This webinar was presented by Dr Roy Betts, Research Fellow at Campden BRI.
The webinar covers the following topics:
- History of STEC (also known as VTEC)
- What are STEC & why are they an issue
- Current views on pathogenicity of serogroups
- Where can they be found and what foods have been an issue
- Test method and difficulties
Roy has widely published and presented on microbiological hazards and risks in foods, and risk reduction strategies in the food production environment. He has been involved in numerous troubleshooting incidents and root cause analysis in the food industry, identifying the cause of incidents and developing various control options and strategies.
This webinar will be of interest to anyone working in the food industry, food safety researchers and regulators.