SARS-CoV-2 and foodborne viruses in the food industry
safefood, in partnership with Campden BRI, hosted a free webinar which was presented by Martin D'Agostino, Virology Section Manager, Campden BRI.
Date: 16th July 2020
Time: 10.30am - 11.30am
Watch a recording of the webinar
Over the past few months, there has been one main topic of conversation in the food industry – COVID-19.
In this presentation Martin discussed some of the main issues regarding the virus in the context of food safety. He also covers frequently asked questions, current issues and gives an update on foodborne viruses, Norovirus in particular and the recently revised figures released by the UK FSA.
Some of the main topics covered in this presentation are:
- What’s the difference? – Norovirus vs. Coronavirus.
- Review of FAQs regarding SARS-CoV-2 in the food industry
- Current concerns – the meat industry and COVID-19
- Guidance available in the UK
- Environmental surface monitoring and disinfectant testing
- Other virus news – in brief