Prep Time:5 mins
- Allow 20 minutes of cooking time per 450g / 1lb.
- Remove the outer wrappings and place ham in a saucepan. Cover with cold water, place the lid on top and bring to the boil.
- Boil for the length of time indicated on the cooking instructions on your ham.
- At the end of the cooking time, turn the heat off and leave the ham sitting in the hot water for about 10 minutes - this will make it easier to carve.
- Drain off the water and place the ham on a roasting tray.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F / Gas Mark 3.
- Place on a tray and cover with foil, roast for a half hour at the above temperature.
- In a cup, mix up the honey with the wholegrain mustard.
- Remove the foil and spread over the surface of the roasted ham using the back of a spoon or a knife.
- Roast for a further 15 minutes until golden brown, basting once or twice during cooking with the honey glaze. Learn how to check your meat is cooked properly with three easy tips here.