Skip to content
What is the Media?
Topic 1's lesson objectives are:
- Explain and understand what media is.
- Explain and understand what advertising is.
MediaWise for Junior and Senior Infants should enable the children to:
- Name some different types of media
- Describe what advertising is
- Identify the basic emotions (happy, sad, angry, bored, surprised, scared) we feel
- Understand the difference between needing something and wanting it
- Describe and share why they like a particular television programme
- Understand that the interests of all children are different, that the media makes assumptions about the likes and preferences of girls or boys based on their gender alone
- Understand that persuasion means to talk someone into doing or thinking something
- Understand that advertisements can be set in the real or an imaginary world or a mixture of both
- Recognise that children may like advertisements that are set in an imaginary world
Information about the lessons, activities, methodologies and resources required are provided in the Lesson Plans.