About the forum
Supporting the implementation of obesity policies on the island of Ireland.
The All-island Obesity Action Forum is a community of professionals who have a common interest in obesity prevention and treatment.
The forum provides a platform for partnership and cohesive working on the island of Ireland by promoting networking, collaboration and exchange of best practice. Members have access to biannual all-island events and a monthly newsletter.
All-island Obesity News shares the latest research and best practice on obesity. Newsletter subscribers are the first to be notified of our biannual events.
If you are a researcher and would like to feature your research in our newsletter, please contact us at [email protected].
The Forum also holds bi-annual events in June and November.
The most recent event ‘Shaping healthier food environments’ took place on 21 November, 2023. You can watch the recording here
All-island Obesity Action Closed Forum
A closed forum made up of senior representatives from government departments and agencies, public health, academia, medical and clinical areas, voluntary community sector and industry. Members of the closed forum meet regularly to share experiences, collaborate and support the implementation of obesity policies.
The following organisations are represented on the Forum:
- Association for the Study of Obesity on the island of Ireland
- Association for the Study of Obesity - Northern Ireland Regional Group
- British Dietetic Association Northern Ireland
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Northern Ireland
- Department of Health, Ireland
- Department of Health Northern Ireland
- Diabetes Federation of Ireland
- Diabetes UK, Northern Ireland
- Food Drink Ireland
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland
- Food Standards Agency Northern Ireland
- Health Service Executive
- Institute of Public Health
- Irish Cancer Society
- Irish Coalition for People Living with Obesity
- Irish Heart Foundation
- Irish Medical Organisation
- Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute
- Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists
- Northern Ireland Chest Heart and Stroke Association
- Northern Ireland Food and Drink Association
- Public Health Agency
- School of Public Health, University College Cork
- South East Technological University Waterford
- Sport Ireland
- Ulster University
Minutes of the forum meetings
For previous minutes please email [email protected]
For further details on the forum contact the Secretariat at [email protected] or telephone 00353 (0)21 2304100.