Explain what persuasion is and how it works. Select at least one way to persuade someone to do or think something. Associate persuasion with advertising.
Language and Literacy: Talking and Listening
- Listen to, respond to and explore stories, poems, songs, drama, and media texts.
- Take turns at talking and listening in group and paired activities.
- Express thoughts, feelings and opinions in response to personal experiences, imaginary situations, literature, media and curricular topics and activities.
- Present ideas and information with some structure and sequence.
- Think about what they say and how they say it.
Language and Literacy: Reading
- Use a range of comprehension skills, both oral and written, to interpret and discuss texts.
- Express opinions and give reasons based on what they have read.
PD&MU: Strand 2 - Mutual Understanding in the Local and Wider Community
- Being aware of who and what influences their views and feelings and behaviour.