The children should be able to design an information media campaign to show how the media can be a source of information and make the world a smaller place.
Language and Literacy: Reading
- Participate in modelled, shared, paired and guided reading experiences.
- Use traditional and digital sources to locate, select, evaluate and communicate information relevant for a particular task.
- Represent their understanding of texts in a range of ways, including visual, oral, dramatic and digital.
- Consider, interpret and discuss texts, exploring the ways in which language can be manipulated in order to affect the reader or engage attention.
- Begin to be aware of how different media present information, ideas and events in different ways.
PD&MU: Strand 2 – Mutual Understanding in the Local and Wider Community
- Exploring how the media present information.