The children should be able to design an information media campaign to show how the media can be a source of information and make the world a smaller place.
Language and Literacy: Talking and Listening
- Listen and respond to a range of fiction, poetry, drama and media texts through the use of traditional and digital resources.
- Participate in a range of drama activities across the curriculum.
- Improvise a scene based on experience, imagination, literature, media and/or curricular topics.
- Use appropriate quality of speech and voice, speaking audibly and varying register, according to the purpose and audience.
Language and Literacy: Reading
- Represent their understanding of texts in a range of ways, including visual, oral, dramatic and digital.
Language and Literacy: Writing
- Write for a variety of purposes and audiences, selecting, planning and using appropriate style and form.
- Create, organise, refine and present ideas using traditional and digital means, combining text, sound or graphics.
The Arts: Drama
- Develop their understanding of the world by engaging in a range of creative and imaginative role-play situations.
PD&MU: Strand 2 – Mutual Understanding in the Local and Wider Community
- Exploring how the media present information.