The children should be able to understand that everyone has a point of view, and understand that different people have different points of view. The children should be able to explore how to assess a point of view and identify points of view presented in an advertisement and/or article.
Language and Literacy: Talking and Listening
- Share, respond to and evaluate ideas, arguments and points of view and use evidence or reason to justify opinions, actions or proposals.
- Prepare and give a short oral presentation to a familiar group, showing an awareness of audience and including the use of multimedia presentations.
- Use appropriate quality of speech and voice, speaking audibly and varying register, according to the purpose and audience.
Language and Literacy: Reading
- Consider, interpret and discuss texts, exploring the ways in which language can be manipulated in order to affect the reader or engage attention.
- Begin to be aware of how different media present information, ideas and events in different ways.
Language and Literacy: Writing
- Write for a variety of purposes and audiences, selecting, planning and using appropriate style and form.
PD&MU: Strand 2 – Mutual Understanding in the Local and Wider Community
- Examining the role of advertising at a local and or global level.
- Exploring how the media present information.