Describe what stereotyping is and understand how stereotyping is used in the media i.e. making assumptions about certain groups.
Language and Literacy: Talking and Listening
- Participate in group and class discussions for a variety of curricular purposes.
- Describe and talk about real experiences and imaginary situations and about people, places, events and artefacts.
Language and Literacy: Reading
- Begin to be aware of how different media present information, ideas and events in different ways.
PD&MU: Strand 2 – Mutual Understanding in the Local and Wider Community
- Relationships with Family, Friends and at school:
– Exploring and examining what influences their views, feelings and behaviour.
- Relationships with the Wider World:
– Understanding that differences and similarities between people arise from a number of factors including cultural, ethnic/racial and religious diversity, gender and disability.
- Exploring how the media present information.